Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tasty Tuesday || Swai Dinner

Summer is right around the corner and I can't wait for summer recipes!! Sure comfort food is super delicious but we're ready for yummy citrus and light meals.

One of my favorite, FAVORITE, meals to make in the summer is my favorite fish Swai. You can typically find it fresh behind the meat counter at your local butcher. OR happen to come across it one day while shopping at Wal-Mart in the freezer fish section and literally jump for joy about the price and quantity. It's seriously the BEST deal i've found on Swai.



(Found in Freezer section at Walmart)

There are several ways you can cook it but this is the easiest and yummiest way I like.

Ingredients

4-5 Swai filets

1 TBLS Coconut Oil

1 Lemon

Handfull Cilantro

Salt and Pepper


First spray your pan. I use the coconut oil spray from Trader Joes.


Add coconut oil and set your stove top to medium. 


Add your filets.

Sprinkle salt and pepper and squeeze your lemon all over the fish.


Cook each side for about 4 minutes. I set a timer so I won't forget. #mombrain


I love to serve the swag with some asparagus over brown rice. 
Garnish with cilantro and red onion (optional)


This is such an easy and super healthy meal to prepare for your family. Stetson loves to eat fish. I can get him to eat more swai than I can chicken.

If you try this meal, you'll love it forever I am sure. This will also not be the last time I post a recipe about swai!!! It's a Summer Staple!

No comments:

Post a Comment